Education tracks contain a series of workshops for individuals who want to explore a specific topic. The tracks include several workshops that increase your level of understanding.
Processes and practices critical to a successful AP operation. Topics include Forms 1099-MISC and W-9 as well as internal controls, automation, and technology.
- Form 1099-MISC Reporting: Federal and State Requirements
- Understanding Payments to Foreign Workers
- AP Accounting and Month-End Accruals
- Worker Classification Issues
- Payroll/AP Best Practices: What Does This Really Mean?
Metrics, best practices, change management, outsourcing, global perspectives, and techniques to help achieve world-class performance.
- Change Management Strategies to Ensure Successful Projects
- Cost Efficiencies
- HR/Payroll/Time Metrics: Turning Data Into Meaningful Information
- Six Sigma and Lean Practices Promote Success on Your Payroll Journey
- Quality Enhancements for Payroll
Payroll, taxation, and related issues from a global perspective.
- Nonresident Alien Taxation and Withholding for J-1 Exchange Visitors and F-1 Students
- Understanding Tax Treaty Benefits and Limitations
- Global Strategic Alignment for HR and Payroll Professionals
- Can You Afford the Global Payroll Compliance Risk?
- When Does a Visa Impact Withholding
- Introduction to U.S. Nonresident Alien Tax Withholding
Legislative and regulatory updates that include the latest from the IRS, SSA, DOL, and other government agencies.
- State and Local Payroll: Key Developments and Research Tools
- Forum on Federal Payroll Issues
- Using the Internet for Federal, State, and Local Payroll Research
- Therapy 101: Form I-9 & E-Verify
Payroll Compliance Tools
Identify compliance issues and resolve them before your organization is subject to penalties.
- Secrets of a Successful Year-end
- Compliance Research: How to Find Answers, and Communicate to Management
- The Basics of Payroll Reconciliations
- The 10 Most Common Payroll Pitfalls
Paycards, electronic forms, and self-service Internet portals, as well as information security and emerging technology trends.
- Payroll Fraud: Detect, Deter, Defend
- What Every Payroll Professional Needs to Know About Emerging Payroll Technologies
- Preparing and Analyzing Requests for Proposal
- Top Ten Cybersecurity Concerns That Businesses Always Ask About
Wage Payments and Deductions
Topics critical to ensuring that employees are paid accurately, from regular rate of pay and overpayments to child support and other mandatory deductions.
- Managing Termination Pay
- Overpayments: What Can We Do?
- e-IWO: The Journey to Paperless Child Support Orders and More Begins Here
- Telecommuting: Wage and Hour/Taxation Issues
Benefits and Compensation
Best practices and trends on topics such as fringe benefits, stock options, cafeteria plans, and nonqualified deferred compensation plans.
- State and Local Taxation of Stock Options and Other Equity-Based Awards
- Paid Sick Leave: From Perk to Mandate
- Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans, Advanced
- Stock Options and Equity Compensation Plans, Advanced
- Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans, Basic
- Introduction to Stock and Stock Option Plans
Information to ensure you are correctly taxing and reporting wages and fringe benefits for U.S. citizens or resident aliens working outside the U.S.
- Expatriate Payrolls, Advanced
- Understanding the Tax Equalization and Tax Protection Process
- Expatriate Payroll 101: Everything You Need to Know to Get Started
Global Payroll: Country by Country
Wage and hour and taxation requirements of selected countries.
- Payroll in Japan
- Canadian Payrolls Nontaxation Issues
- Payroll in France
- Payroll in India
- Canadian Payrolls Taxation Issues
- Payroll in Sweden and Norway
Organizational and Personal Management
Enhance your interpersonal skill set, further your professional development, expand your leadership potential, and advance your career.
- The Perfect Partnership: Payroll and Human Resources
- Payroll Best Practices Recap
- Developing a Cohesive Team
- Process Mapping: Driving Process Improvement
- Emotional Intelligence
Topics critical to an efficient payroll, such as internal controls, electronic payment methods, and reconciliations.
- Payroll Accounting: How Important Is It?
- Mergers and Acquisitions, Advanced
- How to Reconcile and Reassure Your Executives' Total Pay
- IRS/SSA Reconciliations: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You
- Perform a Root Cause Payroll Analysis: Take Your Payroll Department to the Next Level
U.S. Taxation and Forms
Topics essential to the understanding of U.S. payroll taxation and reporting compliance, from third-party sick pay to multi-state taxation.
- Local Income Tax in Indiana and Ohio
- Correcting the W-2: Form W-2c to 941-X and More
- Wages Owed to Deceased Employees
- Local Income Tax in Pennsylvania
- An Introduction to Multi-State Taxation
- Emerging Trends in Payroll Tax Administration