Congress offers four days of top-rated educational workshops. Choose from more than 90 workshops, offered in a variety of education tracks, to increase your level of understanding in all areas of payroll and accounts payable.
Benefits and Compensation
These workshops focus on compliance with benefits and compensation, including the latest on fringe benefits, stock options, cafeteria plans, and nonqualified deferred compensation plans.
- Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans
- Paid Sick Leave: From Perk to Mandate
- Payroll, 401(k), and Fiduciary Governance: 9-Step Survival Guide
- So You Want to Be an Independent Contractor?
- Taxable and Nontaxable Fringe Benefits, Part 1
- Taxable and Nontaxable Fringe Benefits, Part 2
These workshops explore a wide spectrum of the payroll function, risks, compliance, and related issues from a global perspective.
- A Tale of Two Journeys: How to Be Best Prepared for Success in a Global Payroll Consolidation
- Building a Global Standardization Playbook
- Canadian Cross-Border Payroll
- Considerations for Reducing Risk and Optimizing Global Payroll
- Expatriate Payrolls
- Global Project Management: Just When You Think You Have it Under Control
- How Payroll Leaders Are Overcoming the Challenges of Global Payroll
- How Tax Works Around the Globe
- How to Choose the Right In-Country Payroll Provider and Get the Most Out of Them
- Navigating Cross-Cultural Differences in Payroll and Championing Culture
- Payroll in Canada
- Selecting a Global Payroll Provider That Aligns to Your Global Payroll Strategy
- Ten Golden Rules for Successful Global Payroll Implementation
- The Journey From Exploration to Implementation for a Global Payroll Solution
- The More You Know: The Do’s & Don’ts of Going Global
- The Power of Three: The Impact of Integrated HCM, WFM, and Payroll on Global Organizations
- Understanding the Tax Equalization and Tax Protection Process
Late-breaking Legislative and Regulatory Updates
These workshops are for anyone involved in maintaining compliance through a review of legislative and regulatory updates at both the federal and state level.
- 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC Reporting: Federal and State Requirements
- An Introduction to Tax Notice Compliance
- Correcting the W-2: Form W-2c to 941-X and More
- Direct From Nacha: The Latest ACH Rules Enhancements to Improve Your Direct Deposit Experience
- Domestic Mobility: Withholding Requirements for Multistate Travelers, Part 1
- Domestic Mobility: Withholding Requirements for Multistate Travelers, Part 2
- Employment Issues Encountered With a Remote Workforce
- Employment Law Lessons Learned From 2022 and What to Expect in 2023
- Forum on Federal Payroll Issues, Part 1
- Forum on Federal Payroll Issues, Part 2
- Hot Topics for 2023
- It’s Not Rocket Science: It’s State and Local Payroll Compliance
- Legislative Outlook and APA Advocacy
- Managing Independent Contractors in the New Gig Economy
- Prevention of Overpaid Employment Taxes
- Remote Work: Payroll Risk and Compliance
- Strategies to Reduce State Unemployment Insurance Tax Rates
- What’s Old and New at SSA?
- When Does a Visa Impact Withholding?
Payroll Management and Operations
These workshops present topics critical to the efficient operation of the payroll process, to help ensure employees are paid accurately and to identify compliance issues and resolve them before your organization is subject to penalties.
- Calculating Deceased Wages Correctly
- California Labor Law and Payroll Tax Issues
- Changing Pay Cycles
- Earning and Deduction Code Set Up
- Fair Labor Standards Act: Wage and Hour Nightmares, Case Studies, and Legal Updates
- Garnishments, Levies, Student Loans, and More
- How to Avoid Payroll-Related Lawsuits, and What to Do If Your Company Has Been Sued
- How Workforce Movement Impacts Payroll and HR Departments
- Implementing a Mobility Program
- IRS/SSA Reconciliations: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Neutralizing an Unforeseen Payroll Crisis
- Overpayments: What Can We Do?
- Passionate About Internal Controls
- Regular Pay vs Regular Rate of Pay: Are You Calculating Overtime Correctly?
- Secrets of a Successful Year-End
- The Best Practices to Prevent Fraud
- The Payroll Transformation You Can’t Ignore: It’s Time for Your Payroll to Have the Impact it Deserves
- The Nuts and Bolts of Child Support
- Transformation of Payroll: Transactional to Strategic WFM Data Analytics
These workshops are designed for anyone focusing on technology covering the latest on artificial intelligence, blockchain, cybersecurity, implementation, and metrics.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Global Payroll: Is It Going to Replace Your Teams?
- Blockchain, Mobile Payments, and the Future of Payroll Administration
- Developing an Infinite Payroll Mindset: How to Derive Continuous Value From Payroll Operations
- Helping Optimize HR in a High Turnover Rate Environment
- Metrics and Measures: How to Get Started With KPI’s
- Preparing and Analyzing Requests for Proposal
- The Digital HR/Payroll Transformation and the Impact to the Employee Experience
- The Three T’s of Implementing: Test, Test, and Test
- Using RPA to Improve Your Auditing Techniques
These workshops offer insights and perspectives for enhancing your interpersonal skill set, furthering your professional development, expanding your leadership potential, and advancing your career.
- Accelerated Leadership: The Art of Managing Up, Down, and Across
- Advanced Career-Building Presentation Skills
- Are You Effectively Serving Your Client Base
- Breakthrough Communication Strategies During Times of Change
- Confidence Karma
- Creating a Culture of Preparedness for the Next Crisis
- Customer Service for Payroll Professionals
- Cutting Through the Noise: Avoid Disruption by Putting People First
- Effective Communication – Art and Science
- Getting the Payroll Career You Want in the New Business Environment
- Global Payroll Advancement/The Global Payroll Professional: Engage, Mentor, and Motivate
- How to Effectively Manage and Grow a Modern Payroll Team in a Hybrid Work Environment
- How to Give Feedback, Coach for Success, and Help Your People Grow
- Mentoring Physically and Virtually
- PayTrain: Payroll Training at Your Command
- Play Big: Becoming a Powerful Force in Your World!
- Selling Yourself and Your Ideas
- The Great Re-Alignment: Developing Influence Through Personal Power
- When Payroll DOES Have a Seat at the Table: Collected Learnings From Global Payroll Leaders
- You Got a New Job and Team! Now What?